Sunday 20 February 2011

February failure

February's socks were chosen by my other half, to be birthday socks. He liked the stalagmite pattern in Knit. Sock. Love. and so I set out to make them for him. I had to use the pattern for the larger size, but still thought I might have enough yarn. I didn't.


I got about 80% of the way through the first sock, which took from the 1st of Feb to the 13th, when I decided I really ought to check I had enough yarn for the second sock. I was already well over half way through :(

Unable to buy more of the same yarn I'm going to have to rip these back. I might make the same socks but in a small for me.. even with all the cables there'll still be yarn left over.


The cables in these socks are beautifully intricate, and did require some concentration. I'm really not looking forward to ripping out all my hard work, but it was enjoyable to knit, so I'm sure I'll enjoy knitting it again!

Of course the sock failure, ravelled here, meant I was down a birthday present for Chris, so I promptly started some new February socks, to be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment